Monday, February 15, 2010

Another Year Gone


Today is my birthday! Not that another year closer to death is a reason to celebrate, so I’m not sure about that exclamation mark. No, I’m keeping it there. Another year lived and loved is worth a little appreciation.

It’s always amazes me the amount of people I come across that I share the date with. I remember visiting my fiancé’s neighbour once and we realised that four out of the six of us in the house at that one moment had the same birthday. Dunno what was in the May water back in the day, but our parents must’ve been at it like rabbits! Maybe they didn’t stop honouring the old school Beltane celebrations that long ago after all…

Anyway, here are some more well known Aquarians that first graced the world with their presence on this day in history.

37 - Claudius Drusus Germanicus Caesar Nero, emperor of Rome (54-68)

1471 - Piero di Lorenzo de' Medici, ruler of Florence (d. 1503)

1564 - Galileo Galilei, Pisa Italy, astronomer/physicist

1710 - Louis XV the Well-Beloved, Versailles, King of France (1715-74)

1748 - Jeremy Bentham, London England philosopher/originator (Utilitarian)

1819 - Christopher Sholes, Mooresburg Penn, inventor (typewriter)

1874 - Ernest H Shackleton, Kilkee Ireland, explorer (Endurance, Antarctica)

1882 - John Barrymore, [Blythe], Phila, actor (Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde)

1954 - Matt Groening, cartoonist (Life in Hell, Simpsons)
 
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails