Thursday, August 19, 2010

*gushing* I’d like to thank my mum, God, the next door neighbour's dog…

 

So today I intended on doing my planned weekly blog buddy feature and to be honest I wasn't looking forward to deciding on who to begin it with. How happy was I when I logged on to discover I had been given a blog award! Not only am I humbled by this kind gesture but it also made up my mind for me. The award came courtesy of the lovely Judit Molnar (thank you!), creator of the wonderful Teddy Valley Bears. Seriously, her wee critters are so adorable. Just take this little cutie for example:


You can view lots more of the tiny lovelies on her blog and website.

Anyway, the award came with a few fun conditions, which are as follows:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the Versatile Blogger Award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the Versatile Blogger Award along to 10 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic for whatever reason!
4. Contact the bloggers you’ve picked and let them know about the Versatile Blogger Award.

So, without further ado, here are my seven things. I’ve tried to think of ones I haven’t mentioned here before:
1. I saw a ghost once when I was seven. 
2. I get vertigo but only at a very particular height.
3. As well as being a fantasy geek, I also love most things Sci-Fi. Particularly Star Trek. Especially The Next Generation (Picard=Greatest Ever).
4. I am addicted to Fry’s Turkish Delight.
5. I can write Teeline shorthand at 100 words per minute.
6. I have visited 13 countries on three continents, though a couple were only for a day or two- including one of the continents.
7. I have no tailbone. I used to think it was pretty cool ‘cause I could tell other people I was more evolved than them but these days it’s causing me nothing but bother and strife. I also have a large birthmark on my shoulder that my childhood doctor used to say looked like a map to a secret world. And a scar on my back that looks like something from the X-Files. I’m a freak. Does this one count as three? Whoops, sorry.

And here are the lovely bloggers I’m passing it on to.  It was so hard deciding but the ‘recently’ discovered condition narrowed it down a bit. There are some guys here I already feel like I’ve known for years yet when I think on it it’s only been a month of two! All of their blogs are well worth a wander round:

1. Annalee at Absynthe and Arsenic
2. Faerwillow at ~Serendipity~
3.K. Michelle at Crafty Fae
4. Mademoiselle G at Mademoiselle G
6. Rella at Faerieluna
7. Oonagh at Celtoi Croi
8. Romantic Heroine at The Secret Life of Daydreams
9.  Kathy at A Spectacular Mess
10. Laura at Gypsea Tree
(Ok, maybe I haven’t just recently met Laura but this blog is in fact the newest one here! She’s having a lovely little giveaway at the minute too, so pay her a wee visit.)

There you have it. Thanks again Ms Molnar!

9 comments:

Laura {Gypsea Tree} said...

You just made my day! It was really starting to gloom up over unemployment stress so thank you! I also seem to have lost a huge amount of readership in the Gypsea Tree move so again, thank you! Also, on the geek front I have recently started watching Battlestar Galactica. So far I'm a huge fan! Geekdom is fantastic...

Róisín said...

Aw, I'm glad missus. I was all chuffed too when Judit passed it this way :) Try not to let the job thing bring you down. Believe me, I understand and I know that can be hard. Don't worry about the blog either, give it a week or two and all your old buddies will have found your new house and love it just as much! Oh, and I've been meaning to start watching Battlestar Galactica for ages! My brother and a few friends have watched the whole thing and were ranting and raving about it. Really must give it a go! Yes, geekdom is pretty darn fantatic!

Romantic Heroine said...

oh wow, thanks love! I guess I have to think about some facts about myself I'm going to share with you! ;)I'm going to post about it in a couple of days (means: tomorrow or the day after tomorrow). you comment let me smile. thanks again! lots of love, sandra

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Hi darlingest one!!! Thanks for the thoughts of awards and versatility!!!! I have been busy visiting lovely people who hired me to teach at their college!!!! so I have been fleeting less floating... I hope to make some kind of post to you and Judit and others and give out tidbits about me... hmmm... what will I say... Fun to wonder. Blessings and thanks! love the spheres btw!

Anonymous said...

Hello Róisín,
I was just over at Amy's blog, and saw that she also gave you an award! :)
When I think about blogging, my mind bends a little. I know Amy, Amy knows you, you know Rella (who I know) and despite the zillions of blogs out there, there is a thin, delicate thread that brings us all together.
I am so happy to meet you today, and hope to pop by for a visit often!

Zuzu

TheBlakkDuchess said...

Aw, shucks... ^-^
You're just the sweetest! I come back from my couple of days hiding from the internet to find wonderful things! =D
Thanks so much & I can't wait to get a proper post up & share the happiness. I think I'll actually have to do TWO proper posts... one for this lovely little award & one of pics from my package... Better put some more coffee on... ^_~

Hope you're having a supremely wonderful day! ^-^

xoxo

Unknown said...

Hello! Thank's so much for the award! And sorry for the late answer, I've been a bit busy these last days. I'll do it as soon as possible, yay! ^^

Danni said...

Aw, thank you so much for the award! It's been a crazy few weeks here and this was just the little bit of cheering up I needed. :)

brandi said...

~congrats on your award and to all you have passed it along too... honored that you thought of me!! il♥ved reading and learning new things about you...a little travel envy you have left me with!! much l♥ve and light upon you always~

Related Posts with Thumbnails