Monday, January 3, 2011

Leafy Art


I realise this is a little out of season but I love the idea of these wonderful art carvings too much to leave them (get it? sorry) till next autumn. Speaking of the seasons we appear to entering my least favourite one here- Spring. I’m sure it’s lovely and magical in other parts of the world- new life, fresh beginnings yada yada yada- but when you live in Ireland all it means is rain. A LOT of rain. Good job himself and I are planning on emigrating at some point in the coming months. Anyone able to suggest anywhere nice? Somewhere with year-round autumn/winter would be perfect. Maybe we should just become hobos and follow the fall around the world… Anyway, I hope this day finds you all well and that you enjoy the little leaves (if you want to find out more about them click here).


11 comments:

KY Warrior Librarian said...

Beautiful!

paula nerhus said...

wow what an idea ! love these

Laura {Gypsea Tree} said...

I love these leaves! I have been thinking a lot about leaves lately myself and feeling sad all over again that fall is a long way off. I too have never been a fan of Spring. Bleh. It's all dreary and rainy and I'm either wet and cold or too hot because the occasional sun catches me by surprise. haha But really, I don't see why I can't go into hibernation after the Holidays and sleep until summer arrives...
How excited about your plans to move! (or are you just planning to travel a while?) I'm excited to hear what you decide. I love the idea of chasing Fall across the globe! calcifis

Laura {Gypsea Tree} said...

Haha! That weird word at the end was the captcha word I had to type in to leave my comment. Not sure how it got in there!

Della said...

Amazing effects with the leaves, I love it, Roisin. I think spring is rainy in a lot of places, sadly. You could move here to Berlin. It doesn't rain too much in spring and we usually have an early burst of foliage and that amazing scent of freshness in the air. But then, you'd have to learn German which isn't so easy :( (for some of us, anyway).

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks for this! I love them! I am finding the strangest finds since we had a brief thaw and now ice ice baby! Skeletal leaves, strange stems that look like faery wands. cool time. Well, off to go follow the leaf link! Blessings friend.

Anthropomorphica said...

Incredible! The images must be so fine!!

Dylana Suarez said...

BEAUTIFUL!

xoxo,

colormenana.blogspot.com

Ceci said...

Is it spring already?

These leaves are amazing! Thanks for sharing - I'd never heard of this before. Crazy.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Just stopping by friend to peek around and enjoy so much of your failte! blessings.

The Pixie Knoll said...

What a great find those are! Aboslutely beautiful. It's been a while since I was able to stop by and say howdy to ya. Wishing you a Happy New Year all the same!

Hugs,
Lori

Related Posts with Thumbnails