Thursday, April 8, 2010

Grey Skies and Graveyards


I’ve been asked by the ever lovely JJ to post more photos of Ireland. I have plenty such photos on my old laptop but unfortunately it decided one day that it didn’t want to work anymore and now it’s sitting stubbornly in a corner somewhere refusing to let me in. So I’ve been looking to see what I have on my pc and, while I do I have more cheery ones than these, an old rainy cemetery suits my mood today.

They were taken a couple of weeks ago when I was playing around with the pinhole setting on my new camera. I’m not a photographer by any stretch of the imagination and I can’t claim to have ever taken a decent photo in my life but now the weather’s getting better here I’m going to have to get out practicing with my new toy. There’s plenty to snap round this part of the world so hopefully in the future I’ll be able to bring you better pics than these JJ!



p.s I just want to say thanks to Ruthie, Renilde and Elizabeth for following! I’ve been a big fan of Ruthie’s blog ever since I first found it and as I’ve said before, it’s truly one of the best on the net. I’d never come across Renilde’s or Elizabeth’s before but now I’ve discovered them I love them too. That’s the best thing about followers, you get introduced to great places that you might have otherwise missed. Well ladies, thanks again!

5 comments:

JJ said...

Hey, Roisin, some of these are gloriously Gothic. I've got a few pics of Celtic crosses in the graveyard of the old abbey in Donegal town, but they're nothing like as atmospheric as these. Thank you for posting them.

BTW, your typing is as bad as mine. You missed the 'n' in never.

renilde said...

Thank you Roisin for your kind words,i must say I like your photographs,and i'm curious to know what you're gonna show us in the future,could be hiding some good stuff there,x Renilde

Anonymous said...

Your blog is becoming a huge favorite of mine! These pictures are beautiful. I traveled around Ireland solo about five years ago and it was one of the best experiences of my life. I hope to go back again soon!

Róisín said...

Yes JJ, my typing can be pretty atrocious at times but I think in this instance it’s all ok. :)

Renilde, thanks for dropping by! I love your wonderful paintings and I’m so glad you stopped in because I may never have found them otherwise.

Róisín said...

Laura Grace- is that you Steam Spectre? Clicked on your name and was taken to your other lovely blog. I’m so happy you like mine ‘cause yours are two of my favourite out there!

Related Posts with Thumbnails