Monday, April 26, 2010

Whimsical Watercolours


More wonderful art today, found via my daily trip to A Fairytale of Inspiration. I know this is the second time I’ve borrowed from that most beautiful blog but, as the title suggests, it certainly does inspire!

Anyway, these magical pieces are by a Scottish girl who goes by the name of Autumn Alchemy, aka Red Squirrel. (Even her aliases conjure up images of enchanted forests and dusty old tomes.) Needless to say, I adore them. Thanks for sharing her with the world Ruthie!

3 comments:

JJ said...

Didn't see these when I looked. Bloody great, aren't they?

Anonymous said...

So funny. This was the next blog on my reader right after A Fairy Tale... Love the artwork as well. Ruthie finds such wonderful stuff and wonder can never be spread around too much! Also wanted to thank you for your comment on my last post. I would love to hear more about your experience with journalism as it's one of those dreams I like to visit now and again. Your comment was also a bit of a tipping point for New Zealand and we are really hoping to make that out official destination. I have had the wonderful opportunity to travel a lot in the US. There is always more to see and if NZ is too much I'm also thinking about spending some time in the wilds of Alaska....

Róisín said...

Hi Laura,
Sorry I'm only getting round to replying to your comment now, it's been one of those weeks. I actually tried to one day but just as I pressed 'publish' my internet cut off and the comment vanished. Anyway, so glad to hear you might be on your way to NZ. I've never been myself but my fiance and I are thinking of emigrating and that's one of the possibilities. Maybe I'll see you there! Alsaka sounds great too. So isolated and peaceful- perfect. About the journo thing, I could rant all day about the state of the press industry today but for fear of losing yet another comment I'm going to publish this now while the connection still strong. I'll get back to you on it though! Well, hope you're having a nice day. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails