Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sea Mists in Springtime

I’m a bit wary of tempting fate saying this, but I think Winter is finally over. She may have taken her time getting here but Spring has finally graced us with her presence and, better yet, yesterday I got a chance to get out and enjoy her glorious splendour.

You can't really see much of it in these particular photos, though. I live by a lough, which isn't a lake, rather an inlet of the ocean. You can usually see right across to the hills on the other side but yesterday a thick sea mist made it look like the open Atlantic. Check out the last one, for example, where you can just spot the tip of Inch Island poking out above the cloud. Anyway, it was mad because while behind me the sun was lighting up the daffodils there were times the shoreline seemed almost monochromatic. More seasonal photos to follow tomorrow but for now try not to get Wings stuck in your head.


3 comments:

JJ said...

I like the bottom one especially. The island and the cloudbank make it. See, you do get sun in Ireland.

Róisín said...

Yup, we've had lovely pleasant skies all week. :) There's still some snow on the hills though and, as my aul granny used to say, it's sitting waiting for more to come and take it away. There's wintery showers actually forecast for next week so I'll keep you posted on whether she was right!

JJ said...

Reminds me of the wonderful Mr McKay in an episode of The Storyteller ('Fearnought.' I have it on tape. The lake monster's daughter is breathtakingly beautiful.) Anyway, Mr McKay... He had that fabulous Irish way of saying 'As me owld mother used to say.' I hear the accent every time I read an Irish folk tale.

Related Posts with Thumbnails